Founded on the campus of Howard University on January 16, 1920, our Sisterhood is comprised of diverse, professional women who are currently pursuing a baccalaureate degree or have earned their baccalaureate degree and maintain a firm dedication to upholding the principles of Scholarship, Service, Finer Womanhood and Sisterhood throughout their college campuses and communities.
How to Become a Member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.?
Although membership in Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. is by invitation only, we encourage interested women with a track record of community service and currently pursuing a baccalaureate degree or in possession of a baccalaureate degree to contact a chapter in your local area for more information. The required way to show formal interest in membership is attendance at the Informational Interest Meeting hosted by Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. on the campus or in the community. You are welcome to bring a resume with you to the Interest Meeting. Attendance at the Informational Interest Meeting does not guarantee that an invitation to membership will be extended.
Minimum Educational Requirements for Undergraduate Membership in Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.:
- A full-time student currently enrolled at a four-year college or university that meets the Sorority’s accreditation standards.
- Has earned at least a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale or the grade point average required on the campus, whichever is higher.
- Must have earned at least twelve (12) Credit Hours at the college or university where membership is being sought.
- All undergraduate members are required to maintain a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale grade point average after membership intake into the Sorority.
Minimum Educational Requirements for Graduate Membership in Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.:
- Bachelor’s level degree conferred from that meets the Sorority’s accreditation standards.
- If applying within three (3) years after graduating with the bachelor’s degree, must have either earned at least a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale for the bachelor’s level degree or earned an advanced degree such as a master’s or professional degree.
- Undergraduate transcript must be provided to confirm eligibility for membership in a graduate chapter regardless of whether any advanced degrees have been earned.
It is expected that individuals who are invited to membership in Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. have demonstrated a commitment to community service, scholarship, sisterhood, and finer womanhood. If you are considering membership, we encourage you to become familiar with Zeta’s Policy Against Hazing. You are never required to participate in hazing activities to become a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. In fact, members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. and women who are interested in membership are prohibited from engaging in conduct that violates the Policy Against Hazing.